This project is designed to enable each student from the 6ème (6th grade) to terminale (12th grade) to build their own course of guidance and orientation, and to discover the economic and professional world.
The project should enable each student to:
- understand the economic and professional world as well as the diversity of jobs and trainings;
- develop a sense of commitment and initiative;
- develop their educational and vocational guidance project.
It aims at:
- Getting students involved in the construction of their own orientation project so that they have a better understanding of the procedures, training courses and possible career choices;
- Deepen their knowledge of all businesses (including emerging professions);
- Enhance dialogue within the educational community and make orientation a common working object in the design of the course and the development of interdisciplinary projects;
- Getting to know the local economy by developing partnerships with various parties of the society to provide better information for students.
- Facilitate and develop exchanges between the School and the world economic players by local agreements to give students the most suitable to their needs information.
STUDY IN FRANCE
- For the quality of its higher education
Accessible to all and one of the best in the world: the French higher education
The excellence of French higher education is widely recognized throughout the world. Whether in the rankings of Shanghai, those in the Financial Times, the Times or the European Report on Science & Technology of the European Commission, French institutions are always in the foreground.
- For the international outlook of higher education
French higher education receives more than 278 000 international students.
Fifth economic world power, France is now third in the world for hosting international students. It has always had a policy of equal treatment of French and foreign students. Examples: the registration fees are the same for everyone and fixed for national diplomas by the government, and all students have the same social rights, irrespective of their origin (social security, housing assistance).
- For the contemporary French culture
France is resolutely anchored in its time and its artists, established and recognised in all fields.
- For the art of living in France
For 5 years, the ranking of the International Living Association has placed France among the top countries in terms of quality of life (No. 1 in 2010)
- For the dynamics of the French economy
France is the 5th largest world economy. It contributes 5% of world GDP and 6% of commercial trade in the world.
France is an attractive country for investors. It is the first host country for FDI in Europe and the 2nd in the world.
- For the fellowship Excellence-Major
The Excellence-Major scholarships are awarded on criteria of excellence to foreign graduates from the network of French schools around the world to come and pursue their higher education in France. This device, funded by the AEFE (Agency for French Teaching Abroad) and MAEDI (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development), is part of the cultural diplomacy and helps promote French higher education.
THE ORIENTATION SPACE
The Center for Knowledge and Culture (CKC) at Lycée Victor Hugo has an “Orientation Space”. A small round table allows students looking for a job to comfortably consult books, brochures and other media dedicated to the orientation and renewed regularly, and also to think about their future.
For younger high school students who are just beginning the process, the Inforizon software provides tests and business records at hand. Older students can use the GPO3. Those who are already looking at the multitude of choices offered in higher education in France, can find an efficient and up to date tool: the CIDJ filings in digital format.
To guide and help you in this process, please contact the Coordinator for Resourses in Information and Organisation (CRIO) of the establishment: Aurélie Vieux (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ONISEP: l’Office National d’Information Sur les Enseignements et les Professions
The National Office of Information On Teaching and Professions is THE reference site for orientation. It is aimed at younger and older high school students, as well as their parents.
- CAMPUS FRANCE : The national agency in service of foreigners offers a complete system of information to best prepare their arrival in France
- CNOUS: le Centre National des Œuvres Universitaires et Scolaires
The National Centre for University and Scolar works has the mission to make life easier for students in many fields: food, housing, scholarships, social and cultural activities, living in an international community, etc.
- AEFE: l’Agence pour l’Enseignement Français à l’Etranger
The Agency for French Teaching Abroad has implemented an orientation device for French and foreign students, coming from schools of the network of French institutions abroad.
- APB: The Admission Post Bac portal allows the use of “active guidance”.
- EMBASSY OF FRANCE IN BULGARIA: To help you with any administrative issues.
- MESR: Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche
The website of the Department of Higher Education and Research allows, among other things, to check the list of all programs and degrees and all higher education institutions in France.
- MOOC “Successful studies in French”
They help you in all the steps you need to go through to prepare for your arrival in France for your studies: contact your host, complete your registration, find a home, manage your money, learn about the host institution, organize your student life, etc.